I love living in the district as a 25 year old and am surrounded with the most amazing, supportive and beautiful friends. Being able to celebrate the season with them and indulge on the best homemade food & drink always makes for the perfect amount of holiday cheer.
I decided to create my favorite Jell-O shot recipe for my friend’s white elephant gift exchange. The hosts, Taylor & Chase live in Shaw, a few blocks from where my parents lived in the 80s, so it’s very warming knowing they were celebrating in the same fashion as I am now, steps away, just 30 years earlier.
The party was SO much fun! I ended up going home with a breakfast sandwich maker (after being stolen three times!) and the gift I brought was a Hamilton & Beach, Crockpot & Tuckernuck bracelet (duh).
This is the third time I have made these Jell-o shots. They are so pretty and are just as delicious as they are beautiful.
I originally followed a complicated version of the recipe that tells you to split everything up ten times, yadda yadda, and after a couple glasses of wine, forgot to add the second half of the green gelatin to it’s mixture, whomp:|. After work, a few hours before the party as I went to cut, it was a soupy mess. Since I had enough time, I ran to the store, got double the amount of Jell-O and decided to do it my ( easier, faster & more practical) way.
One 6 oz box cherry Jello
One 6 oz box lime Jello
3 packets unflavored gelatin
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups sweet vodka, I used pinnacle whipped cream flavor
1. Lightly spray cooking oil in a 9×13 in. baking dish.
2. Boil 4 cups of water. Grab three bowls. In one bowl put red Jell-o mix, in the second bowl put green Jell-O and then two packets of plain gelatin in the third bowl.
3. Pour one cup of boiling water into each bowl and stir the mixtures until everything has dissolved. Try not to wisk/stir too fast because then bubbles may start to gel(just pop them). Add ½ a packet of the plain gelatin to the green and red Jell-O mixes.
4. Pour one cup of vodka in the green mixture and one cup of vodka in the red mixture, stir. Pour half of the green mixture into the baking dish and put into the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Pour the condensed milk into the plain gelatin bowl and stir.
6. After 20 minutes or until the Jell-o sets, add 1/3 of the white mixture on top of the green mixture. Repeat with 1/2 red, then 1/3 white, then the rest of the green, then the rest of white, then the remaining red. Allow the finished product to set for an additional 2-3 hours, or overnight.
7. When you’re ready, cut the Jell-o shots into small squares, however big you’d like & get ready for a fun time. These are sure to get the party buzzing (in more ways than one;).
P.S. You can also do this with any color Jell-O!
3 thoughts on “Jane’s Jolly Jell-O Shots”
These are beautiful! I didn’t realize you actually made these — thought you’d shared a magazine photo on FB! Save a couple for me…
LikeLiked by 1 person
There is whipped cream flavoured vodka? This is life-changing information. (Mrs. Noodle Guy here…..Ross is impervious to flavoured beverages.)
Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!