I have an instant connection with anyone who loves their sauces as much as I do. Seriously, extra sauce on EVERYTHING please! My coworker Andrea and I have texted each other mid pizza bite to discuss how people who don’t enjoy extra sauce on their pizza, are probably not enjoying life. Extra saucy is the way to go! This recipe is quick, simple, delicious and can be used as a dip, sauce or marinara for anything your heart desires. I have used it on things like bread sticks, spaghetti squash and pizzas. Steve even put it on his twice baked potato last week. It packs a lot of flavor so it will go well with meats, veggies and whatever else you like to put in your pastas/pizzas/potato!
10 Roma Tomatos, or 1-2 pounds of your favorite tomato! (I estimate that with this recipe, 1 lb serves about 2-3 people)
1 can of organic tomato paste
1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Onion Powder
3 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Chop up the tomato & place in a sauce pan on high. This part is fun, as the tomatoes start to cook/shrivel/sweat, start squishing them with your stirrer. Do this until the tomatoes have turned into complete mush.
2. Sprinkle the Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and pour the Red Wine Vinegar onto the tomatoes and stir until seemingly blended.
3. Stir-in the can of tomato paste and once blended, try it and add salt to taste.
4. If you want to add meat and veggies, make sure you cook the meat before adding the sauce.
5. Enjoy your Basic Base sauce!