“Extra, extra, pico, please”, is my only request, every time I eat Mexican, since as long as I can remember. Sometimes, I even look forward to the pico more than the actual meal. I love everything about pico de gallo, the freshness of the chopped veggies, the bursts of flavor.. pico is just awesome. I am seriously borderline obsessed with this classic topping for tacos… if you couldn’t tell. The pico at the grocery store can be pricey and mediocre to taste, so making your own is definitely reccommended. It will not only be fresher, but it also gives you more opportunity to experiment with different fruits, veggies and flavors. Get creative!
This recipe was going to be a simple topping for my Shrimp Tacos, but I had a bit left over and ended up using it to make a mango chicken roast in the crockpot(Both of those recipes will be posted very soon for you to try out — phenomenal!).
Simple and versatile, this fruity take on the classic pico is sure to impress any person or crowd who is lucky enough to try it out.
5 Tomatoes on the vine
1/2 cup Blueberries
1 lime (preferably key)
1 onion (I use yellow, doesn’t matter)
1. Dice your mango. If you have never done this before, use this video for reference: view here.
2. Dice your tomatoes, onion and chop 1/4 of your cilantro. I alway end up adding more because this is my favorite herb and I love how it tastes.
3. Cut your blueberries into halves.
4. Pour all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the juice of one lime and one lemon then mix it all up.
5. You now have an extremely fresh batch of salsa ready to be used as the perfect topping/dip. Enjoy!
One thought on “Blueberry Mango Salsa Fresca”