This is a hefty batch of pink vodka sauce but it is definitely worth the freezer space. I enjoy going to Eastern Market, my favorite neighborhood marketplace and picking out a new handmade ravioli to try with a meat from their butcher and a cheese from the Maître Fromager. I love their pasta sauces as well but wanted to give it a try this go around. The result was amazing and I ended up freezing half the sauce for a later date. I am never buying tomato sauce again.
2 28 oz crush tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
2 TBSP Parsley
2 TBSP butter
1 cup vodka
3 cloves garlic
Optional: 1 lb ground meat, I like Eastern Market’s NC hot sage sausage.
1. Crush garlic and sauté it in 2 TBSP butter
2. Add vodka and cook for 3 minutes
3. Pour in tomatoes & stir
4. Pour in cream & stir, set on low, stirring every once in a while.
5. In a separate pan, cook the meat, making sure it browns all the way through. Once cooked, add however much sauce you want to the meat.
6. While you cook the meat, you can go ahead and start cooking your ravioli/pasta.
7. Garnish pasta with cheese and parsley
Note: I had a lot of plain vodka sauce left over and put it in a gallon bag then placed it in the freezer. To reheat, just take it out of the bag and place in a saucepan on low for however long it takes to liquify again.
One thought on “Pink Vodka Sauce”
Yum!!! I LOVE vodka sauce. But I have to admit, I didn’t know vodka was actually one of the ingredients – I guess bc I can’t taste it. Definitely going to try!